*Welcome to Weekly Reads. As I read blogs, peruse Twitter, and save things to Diigo throughout the week, I come across a lot of great resources that I think others would benefit from. This post is my place to bring together some of my favorite finds of the week and share them with you. Enjoy!*
(Note: I’ve still got two DonorsChoose projects up if you’d like to help out my students: one for six Hokki stools for the library Makerspace (almost there!), and one for MaKeyMaKey kits and books on Scratch. Thanks!)
- What To Do If Your School Bans Useful Websites | MindShift : Useful tips on action steps to take if your school bans useful websites.
- YALSA’s Teen Book Finder | Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) : App that lets you search through YALSA’s past award winning books. Nice resource.
- Our Library Ecosystem Is Under Threat | Barbara K. Stripling : Great article on the importance of libraries and why staffing cuts could be killing them.
- E.A.K. : Erase All Kittens: a game to help you learn HTML
- The GCAA Makerspace | Proudly Made in St. Louis : One library Makerspace, documented from it’s inception. This school has an amazing Maker program going on – it’s even developed a Maker class! Definitely my new favorite library blog.
- MakerSpace Wish List for Van Meter Library – Google Docs : Van Meter’s Makerspace wishlist. Great source for ideas!